Who is Eligible to Attend
Franklin’s Dual Language Academy?
Any 6th, 7th or 8th grade middle school student who:
Franklin Dual Language Academy
Franklin Dual Language Academy students will enjoy the benefits of a small, nurturing middle school experience right when kids need it most, but will not miss out on the benefits that a large school like Franklin has to offer.
FDLA is a 50/50 dual immersion model with Spanish, science, and history in the target language.
FDLA has 7 highly qualified middle school dual language teachers that ensure students are well cared for throughout the school day.
Student Schedules by Period & Grade
Language proficiency in both English & Spanish
Academic achievement across content areas
Attainment of 8th grade Biliteracy certificate
Attainment of Biliteracy Seal on students' high school diplomas
Successful preparation for Advanced Placement exams in Spanish
Dual Language programs have been proven to:
Increase overall academic achievement
Challenge students to think more creatively & analytically
Improve student performance (versus monolingual students) on tasks that call for divergent thinking, pattern recognition, and problem solving
After school clubs:
- Student Government
- UCLA Blue & Gold Scholars Program
- Students Run LA
- Hip-Hop Dance
Lunch time clubs:
Middle-school students have
- a uniform that clearly distinguishes them from our high school students,
- their own separate entrance on Ave 56 with a pedestrian gate and a school administrator present to welcome them each morning and send them home each day,
- their own campus in the upper section of the school site, separate from high school classrooms, and
- a separate lunch area as well as their own gym and changing areas.
For More Information Contact
Regina Marquez-Martinez, Franklin Principal
Rebecca Roe, FDLA Coordinator
Join our Virtual