Franklin High School considers a formal education a serious process and wishes to provide student with a school atmosphere that is conducive to learning. It is our hope that students, while in the process of securing an education, will dress and groom themselves in an appropriate manner. The Franklin High School Dress Code is as follows:
- No hats, hair nets, or beanies of any kind are to be worn on campus including hoods. (Exception: The Franklin High School Sun Hat, which is available for purchase in the Student Store or head gear worn as part of an official school team uniform while at practice or in competition.)
- No handkerchiefs of any color carried as a clothing accessory, worn on the head, or in the hair
- No belt buckles which display letters, symbols, or numbers.
- No chains which dangle out of pockets, including pocket watches, wallet chains, interlocking links, etc.
- No dog collars or any spiked accessory that could be considered a safety hazard.
Tops (Blouses or Shirts)
- No shirt wear with logos or trademarks of alcoholic beverages, suggestive messages, illustrations, (sexual, racial, drug, tobacco, weapons, or violent nature) or vulgar language.
- No white T shirts.
- No halter tops or tube tops displaying excessive cleavage, reveal the bare midriff, or any top that could be construed as being suggestive or otherwise in bad taste to cause an inability to conduct instructional activity.
- See-through or mesh type tops are not to be worn without an appropriate undergarment worn underneath. Bottoms (Pants, Skirts, Shorts)
- No baggy pants with legs that are obviously oversized.
- No pant legs that drag on the ground.
- No bottom where any type of undergarment is exposed (male or female)
- No shorts or short skirt that could be construed as being suggestive or otherwise in bad taste.
- Shorts are not to be worn below the knee in conjunction with socks of any color which are mid-calf of leg or higher
- No beepers, Walkman radios, walkie-talkies, or radios of any kind are allowed on campus at any time.
- District policy prohibits the use of cellular phones and pagers during instructional time.
- No skateboards on campus at any time.
- No articles of clothing that can be interpreted as “gang” affiliated.